Tuesday 9 April 2013

Exclusive interview with Diego Levatto


Diego Levatto is a DJ/Producer from LA. Signed to Dynamix Recordingz, Diego travels across the USA regularly, as well as jet setting to the far corners of the earth, firmly stamping his funky beat on his fans far & wide.

Check out his latest track, Big Guns Anthem ( Feat MC I See ) out now on Beatport.




  • Can you remember your first memory of music, and how did it make you feel?
DL: I remember the only thing I could think was doing this forever... The fact that I had the potential to impact people with a number of ways using music was a major in my book. It made me realize what music meant to me. It made me feel like I could do anything. It was and is still my first love.
  • Who has been your biggest inspiration through your life?
DL: My daughter is my biggest inspiration. She is my drive and before her... I was mainly focused on music which was my only drive... In present day... The music, the EDM scene and the passion I have for the crowd is my drive. But my daughter is my life entirely. Together those two move me in a way beyond reason. I love the music and I love the ppl who make this all worth doing.
  • You have experienced playing to large crowds of people at venues like Ultra. How does that compare to playing a smaller venue, and do you prefer the intimacy of a club or the massive buzz of connecting to the masses?
DL: To me playing big cities, large stages and pool parties is the best. Them Festivals mean the world. But they are the best because I also had my share of gigs on a lower level. I learned to respect all masses... From playing to 5 ppl to 5000 ppl... Its all about the music and the passion. In my early days - some sets weren't the most fulfilling but I enjoyed it anyway. Music is my life. I live for it. But definitely love intimacy too. It's a great way and very rewarding to be in this place after all the work I've put into it. So intimacy and large venues are all the same when a DJs heart is in the right place. It's nice to be part of the EDM breeding ground worldwide. I'm not one to turn down a gig. Size doesn't matter. Music is the passion and at the end of the night, its all about doing something bigger than yourself.
  • How would you best describe your life, in one word answers, starting with the most rewarding? ie: happy, crazy, fulfilled etc.
DL: Growing, Peaceful, busy, accomplished, loved, outgoing, Happy and extremely Thankful.
  • You have recently played to a UK audience down in our Capital city. How well were you received, and how different are the British clubbers to the US ones?
DL: I felt at home but felt a need to prove myself. I was far from home and far from my usual sets.
The British are very different in the sense that they expect a higher caliber of music considering that UK is a breeding ground for EDM.
At first I didn't look ready according to the Club Promoters, but when I got on, I got right to business. They were very supportive and opened. In the US the music in the smaller cities is a little bit more throw back. But in the US I get to play a lot of International numbers in the bigger city spots. So needless to say, playing a venue in the UK was not a problem. I'm one of the few in the US who plays a lot of UK hits and breaks new charts as opposed to those who stick to the Top 40 stuff ppl listen to over and over. In the UK, music selection is everything and the first few records can make you or break you. So being selective and being myself really helped. I'm naturally a rather energetic individual, so the UK crowd is one I enjoy very much. 
  • What can we expect to hear from Diego Levatto in the next 12 months...any exciting news you can share with us?
DL: I got a few new records in the works with El Setos, some Europe touring I'm working on and definitely planning a new tour through Holland, Rotterdam, And The Netherlands very own... Amsterdam Redlight district. Plus I'll be dropping some more tracks with MC I See of Holland. With all the Beatport releases in store... You can expect to see me in your city soon.
  • And finally, if you could advise a newcomer to the business with one piece of wisdom, what would that be?
DL: It's very important to do something original. Practice, pick a style that works for you, then dominate it. Most importantly take your time, learn your craft, respect it, respect others, and follow your heart. But you must get ready because there's more to it than getting on stage, raging and twisting knobs. Learn your music, be selective, set a goal... Accomplish it, then raise the bar with a bigger goal. But don't forget to focus on that goal. Don't run too fast. Take each step, master it, then move forward. My best piece of advice is to just practice a lot and make sure you are on point. Take your time and enjoy it. Without passion and dedication... It's all for nothing.


Editors note: Thank you so much Diego for that fascinating insight to your life. Good luck with everything that you do, and hope to see you very soon.






https://www.facebook.com/DiegoLevatto
https://twitter.com/Diego_Levatto
http://www.mixcloud.com/djdiegolevatto/









☆☆ レo√乇♥ Peace☮ & Harmony♬ ☆☆ 


No comments:

Post a Comment